March 10, 2000 - 1:10 p.m.
1. Chairperson’s Report
2. Secretary’s Report
- Executive Committee Minutes of February 4, 2000
- February 24, 2000 Memorandum to Chairperson Kathleen
Scott from Emmet Dennis, Acting Vice President for Student Affairs, transmitting
a Progress Report on Implementation of the Alcohol Policy. This progress
report was requested in the Senate’s recent resolution prioritizing the
Alcohol Policy provisions.
- March 6, 2000 Memorandum from Melanie Griffin, Director
of University Harassment Compliance, in response to Executive Committee
request for information on definition of "harassment" relative
- March 8, 2000 Minutes of the Athletic Policy Committee
from Barbara Shailor, Chair, in response to Executive Committee request
for report on NCAA Regulations.
3. Administrative Liaison
- Administrative Report
- David Scott, University Counsel, in response to
Executive Committee request for information on indemnification of, and
provision of legal defense in lawsuits filed against, Rutgers employees.
4. Nominating Committee and April 2000 Election of Officers
- Charge to the committee
- Appointment of members and chair of the committee
5. Committee Reports
Committee on University Governance and Role, Composition
and Function of the Senate, Jeffrey Cohen and Kathleen Scott, Co-Chairs
- Response to Charge S-9914: Proposed Revision of the University Senate
Student Affairs Committee, David Singer, Chair
– Response to Charge S-9802: Report and Recommendations on Use of Social
Security Numbers as Student ID Numbers.
Educational Policy and Planning Committee, Natalie
Borisovets, Chair: Reports and Recommendations on TZ Grade, School of Business,
and Access to Majors.
6. March 24 Senate Meeting Agenda
7. Old Business
8. New Business